EchoWave® Transmission Main Inspection – A Proven Acoustic Correlation Service
EchoWave® is a proactive transmission main leak detection service utilized by utilities and industrial sites around the world to accurately locate leaks , non-invasively and quickly on virtually any type of pipe material including plastic mains.
Highly trained and certified Echologics field engineers provide the service using an advanced acoustic leak correlator to survey the transmission main for leaks. The technology uses advanced signal processing and acoustic sensor design that can locate “quiet leaks” and filter out background noise commonly experienced on large diameter pipeline assets. These unique features enable the technology to be extremely accurate and locate leaks that other correlators cannot locate.
- Identify location of a difficult to find leak
- Proactive asset management programs
- Non-revenue water loss control programs
- Field information capture for GIS systems
Can Be Applied To The Following Pipe Materials
- Pre-Stressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe (PCCP)
- Steel Mains
- Cast Iron Pipe
- Ductile Iron Mains
- PVC and Plastic Mains
- Minimal site preparation / utility support required
- Non-invasive inspection approach
- No risk of lost sensors inside the pipe
- No disruption to water service
- Immediate reporting of an identified leak
- Echologics field engineers can capture additional information for utility GIS while performing leak detection in the field – such as chamber inspections and visual image capture.